Oil Paintings • Charcoal • Pen & Ink Drawings
Stephanie grew up in Orlando, Florida, and later moved to the mountains of Asheville, NC. There she attended the Fine Arts League of the Carolinas, a classical fine art school, founded by Ben Long, which was based on the traditions and techniques of the “Old Masters”.
Working mainly in inks, charcoal and oil paint, she describes her work as realistic with a subtle, otherworldly quality. She strives to capture a feeling of quiet wonder and is especially enamored by the majestic beauty of trees, specifically the large southern Oak trees in the area. She sometimes incorporates hidden images, symbolism or metaphor in her work that might emerge as she works on a piece.
Stephanie also has a background in graphic design as well as dance. She now lives in Melrose, Florida, where she continues to enjoy nature and create art.
She has artwork for sale at Somewhere Along the Way Gallery in Micanopy, FL (moving soon to Gainesville, FL).
- Melrose Senior & Community Center Artwalk: Solo Exhibit, Melrose, FL – August 2016
- Melrose Bay Gallery: Open Air Arts, Melrose, FL – March & April 2016
- Biltmore Lake Arts and Crafts Festival, Asheville, NC – October 2010
- Rumbling Bald Resort Annual 4th of July Arts & Crafts Festival, Lake Lure, NC – July 2010
- Fine Arts League of the Carolinas Fundraising Gala, Asheville, NC – 2009
The Fine Arts League of the Carolinas, Asheville, NC – 2008 to 2010
An art school (founded by world-renowned artist, Ben Long) that offered traditional techniques and methods, based on classical realism and the methods of the “Old Masters”
Some courses included:
- Figure Drawing
- Cast Drawing
- Walnut Ink Drawing
- Art Materials
- Landscape & Still Life Painting (Oil Painting)